A text Grid is used when you want to take multiple textual inputs from the user against each statement. The "Text Grid" field properties may be set once the field is clicked on.
Field Label: This property is the text placed next to the form field that describes the type of data you want visitors to input.
Options: Set the field to be "Required", “Mask Email”, “Mask Input”, “No Duplicates”, or “Encrypted” by clicking the checkbox accordingly.
- Required: Checking this option will force the user to fill out this field. An error message will be displayed if this field is left blank.
- Mask Email: Replaces the email data with asterisks (*) in the submission. This email will still be viewable in the Data Manager.
- Mask Input: Replaces the input data with asterisks (*) in the submission. This data will still be viewable in the Data Manager.
- No Duplicates: Checking this option will force the user to never input duplicate data.
- Encrypted (Pro and Premier Plan Feature): Checking this will encrypt the data in the field using a password and it can only be viewed by that password later on. Please upgrade your plan to use this feature.
Show field to: Set the field to be “Everyone” or "Admin Only" by selecting that radio button.
Field Size: This property sets the visual size of the field in your form. It does not determine the amount of data that can be collected by the field. Example: 80 for absolute size, 100% for relative to form width.
Range: The Range setting limits the amount of data the visitor can input. The range type ‘Characters” represents the number of characters that the field will accept, such as “my” (Characters: 2) and “EmailMeForm” (Characters: 11). The range type ‘Words’ means the value of the inputted words. Email Me Form (3) will not be accepted by a field that the minimum range value is set to one (1).
Default Value: By setting this value, the field will be prepopulated with the text you enter.
Rows: You can edit the Rows and Rows text in the Grid and add/delete them by clicking the “+”/”-” icons following. The rows can be displayed in Randomized or Alphabetized order.
- Alphabetize Rows: the rows to be shown in an alphabetical order.
- Randomize Rows: the rows to be shown in a random order every time the field is viewed.
Columns: You can edit the Columns and Columns text in the Grid and add/delete them by clicking the “+”/”-” icons following. The Columns can be displayed in Randomized or Alphabetized order.
- Alphabetize Columns: the columns to be shown in an alphabetical order.
- Randomize Columns: the columns to be shown in a random order every time the field is viewed.
Field id: This property is a unique value assigned to a specific field. It can be used in conjunction with dynamic tokens to insert entry data to customize the AutoResponder confirmation message. Note: This value is assigned after a form has been saved.
Once you set the field options, please do not forget to click "Save Form" to save your work.