Once you've enabled the MFA on your account, you'll be required to enter an authentication code every time you log in on your EmailMeForm account. So to successfully switch over to a new phone you are required to transfer your MFA tokens to your new device.
If you are using Authy and your phone has been lost, stolen, or is inaccessible because it’s broken in some way, Authy has options for you to help restore access as quickly and securely as possible. These options will vary depending upon your situation, so please take a look which is the scenario you are experiencing and click to see the solution:
- You have a new device with the same number, and another Authy app IS installed and linked to your number
- You have a new device with the same number, but NO other Authy apps are installed
- You have a new device and a new phone number
If you are using Microsoft Authenticator, adding it to your new device won't automatically remove the app from your old device. Even deleting the app from your old device isn't enough. You must both delete the app from your old device and tell Microsoft or your organization to forget the old device and unregister it from your account.
- To remove the app from a device using a personal Microsoft account. Go to the two-step verification area of your Account Security page and choose to turn off verification for your old device.
- To remove the app from a device using a work or school Microsoft account. Go to the two-step verification area of your MyApps page or to your organization’s custom portal and choose to turn off verification for your old device.
If you are using Google Authenticator, please proceed with the steps given here:
Please note, your previous entered codes into your old Google Authenticator account will be lost as there's no user-friendly and easy way to view/edit the token code once it was entered into Google Authenticator.
We suggest you login with your backup codes provided to you when you set up your MFA token to login. Please contact our support team for further assistance with setting up a new token if you are unable set up your new phone as mentioned above.