If you’re planning on using PayPal Checkout for your merchant account, you must have access to your client ID and secret key. Don’t know how? You’re in the right place.
- Go to the PayPal Developers Website and click Log in to Dashboard. If you don’t have a PayPal developer account, sign up for one now.
- Set up your profile by adding basic information. Create a sandbox account to try out test payments.
- In the top right corner, click on [Your Name], then click on Dashboard.
- Click Apps & Credentials.
- Click Create App. A new window will open.
- Fill in the details for the App Name. Select Merchant in the app Type and choose the correct Business account then save the new app by clicking the Create App button below
- Once redirected to the Apps page, copy the CLIENT ID and SECRET KEY. Toggle between Sandbox and Live to copy the live and test Client ID and Secret key.
- You’re good to go! Return to the Emailmeform form manager and finish setting up your merchant account.
You can find PayPal’s guide to managing your PayPal Developer apps here.
Please watch this short video instruction for more details on how to locate your CLIENT ID and SECRET from Paypal’s developer website.