A Multiple Select Field can be used to provide a list of multiple options for your users to select either one or more choices. The "Multiple Select" field properties may be set once the field is clicked on.
Field Label: This property is the text placed next to the form field that describes the type of data you want visitors to input.
Options: Set the field to be "Required" or “Masked” by clicking the checkbox accordingly.
- Required: Checking this option will force the user to fill out this field. An error message will be displayed if this field is left blank.
- Masked Field: Replaces the field data with asterisks (*) in the submission email. This data will still be viewable in the Data Manager.
Show Field to: Set the field to be “Everyone” or "Admin Only" by selecting that radio button.
Choices: You can use the “+” and “-” buttons to add and delete choices. Click on the checkbox to make a choice the default selection.
- Randomize Choices: the choices will be shown in random order every time the field is viewed.
- Alphabetize Choices: the choices will be shown in alphabetical order.
- Score: The score will be added up when Form Settings/Calculate Score is enabled (Paid feature).
Import predefined choices: To import predefined choices, such as a list of Countries, Days, and Months, you can click the ‘Import Predefined Choices’, select a list, and add it to your field. You can customize the choices before or after adding.
Display of options: This property sets the visual size of the field in your form. It does not determine the amount of data that can be collected by the field.
Cell Align: You can select the field to be left, center, or right aligned by selecting from the “Cell Align” drop-down.
Instructions for User: This is an optional property that displays the text specified to your users while they’re filling out that particular field. These instructions appear below the field input box.
Field ID: This property is a unique value assigned to a specific field. It can be used in conjunction with dynamic tokens to insert entry data to customize the AutoResponder confirmation message. Note: This value is assigned after a form has been saved.
Once you set the field options, please do not forget to click "Save Form" to save your work.
Window users can select multiple options by holding the Control/Ctrl key and selecting the options with the mouse;
Mac users can select multiple options by clicking Command and selecting the options with the mouse.