In order to set up your form to show or hide a particular field based on a condition that you have set up, please follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Login into your EmailMeForm account on emailmeform.com. You will be taken to the Form Manager.
2. Please make sure that your form has at least 3 pages, so that you can skip to a particular page based on the condition.
3. Mouse over to your form and click on "Options" then select "Logic". Please see the screenshot for reference. This will take you to the Logic page.
4. On the Logic page, first check “Enable Rules”. After that, click on “Create a Field Rule”.
5. After adding a field rule, you will be provided with the set of controls to create the field rule. You will see eight different controls. Each has different purpose. Please see the screenshot for the corresponding control against the number mentioned in brackets.
a. (1) Field Selection – Select the field on the basis of which you want to apply the rule
b. (2) Condition Selection – This is the condition which you want to apply over the selected field in previous steps. There are six different conditions provided if you have selected a field allowing text input.
ii. Does Not Contains
iii. Begins with
iv. Ends with
v. Is Equal to
vi. Is Not Equal to
If there is a numeric field, the following three conditions are provided:
i. Is Equal to
ii. Is greater than
iii. Is less than
c. (3) Condition to Compare With – Add the keyword / sentence / characters which you want to be compared as per the selected condition
d. (4) Sub Rule Button – Use this button if you want to add a sub rule, in addition to the rule added in previous two steps.
e. (5) Show / Hide – Select either show or hide from the drop-down as per your requirement
f. (6) Field Selection - Select the field which you want to either show or hide based on the condition applied.
g. (7) Add Another Rule - Use this button to add another rule and then repeat the steps from a-to-f.
h. (8) Remove the Rule – Use this button to remove the added rule
6. Click on the "Save All Rules" button, and then test the Logic functionality of your form.