Google Authenticator generates 2-Step Verification codes on your phone.
2-Step Verification, which is a type of Multi Factor Authentication (MFA), provides stronger security for your EmailMeForm Account by requiring a second step of verification when you sign in.
If you opted to install and use Google Authenticator on your old phone, when you setup MFA on your EmailMeForm account, you have the option to transfer your MFA tokens including the one for your EmailMeForm account to another phone e.g. if you’re switching to a new phone.
In order to transfer your MFA tokens to a new phone, you'll need to:
2. Once Google Authenticator has finished installing, start Google Authenticator on your old device.
3. Tap the menu button at the top-right, and choose Transfer accounts.
4. Tap Export accounts.
5. Select the MFA Tokens that you’d like to transfer to your new phone, and then select Next. A QR code will be displayed.
6. Start Google Authenticator on your new device.
7. Tap the menu button at the top-right and choose Transfer accounts - Import accounts
8. Scan the QR code displayed on your old phone. You'll see a confirmation message once the tokens are transferred.